About Arthritis - Modern View
Osteoarthritis (OA) is one of the most common forms of arthritis. It is a chronic condition in which the material that cushions the joints, called cartilage, breaks down. This causes the bones to rub against each other, causing stiffness, pain & loss of joint movement.
Types – There are two types of OA – primary and secondary.
Signs & Symptoms:
Osteoarthritis symptoms usually develop gradually. At first, there may be soreness or stiffness that seems more like a nuisance than a medical concern.Common symptoms include:
X-ray | MRI | Bone density |
Blood tests – Rheumatic profile,
Vitamin D3, B12 levels.
Salient features of our treatment for joint disorders & pain management
No stereotype same treatment (formula) for all patients.Different medicines & panchakarmas for patients of different body constitutions called Prakrutis in Aayurved. Though OA is the same diagnosis in all patients, the patho-etiology & prakruti, surrounding climate etc. factors require different treatment.
No use of allopathic medicines.
Medicines prepared by Dr. Deshpande with strict Aayurvedic pharmacopia’s guideline.
Our treatment has been proved very useful in all types of arthritis & osteoarthritis.
Not just temporary but long lasting relief.
Experience of Aayurvedic treatment over 24 years.
Thousands of patients are benefitted.
About Arthritis - Ayurvedic View
Our body & the universe is made up of same basic constituents namely Prithvi, Aap, Vayu, Tej & Aakash. Out of those Asthi(Bone)tissue is made up of Agni (Digestive Fire), Prithvi, Aap mahabhutas. So we can easily understand that meda & Mans has from the diet that we take, seven dhatus are prepared in sequence like Ras, Rakta, Mansa, Meda, Asthi, Majja & Shukra utmost importance in the formation of Asthi dhatu. Bony cage holds the internal organs properly. Once the Asthi-dhatu is deranged, joint & bone pain starts. Teeth, hair, nails becomes weak & fragile.
In KAC, hundreds of patients of Arthritis are relieved with ayurvedic protocols.
Osteoarthritis Treatments With Modern View
- N S A I D
- Local joint injection of an anaesthetic drugs & steroid.
- Local joint lubrication injection.
- Physiotherapy, traction.
- Joint replacement
Panchakarma Treatment On Arthritis
Useful Tips For Osteoarthritis Patients From Aayurved
- Consume these items liberally in your diet-Edible gum, rajgeera (amaranth), nachani(ragi), amla, beens, flaxseeds, walnuts, ahaliv, green tea,ghee prepared with traditional method,milk, eggs, garlic.
- Local medicated oil application & fomentation.
- Panchakarmas-Body purification procedures according to seasons.
- Vit B-12, Calcium & Vit-D in adequate quantity.
- Sun exposure of skin for Vit-D formation.
- Consume castor oil internally.
- Avoid smoking, junk food, irregular meals, and bakery items.
- In KAC, thousands of patients of Arthritis are relieved with ayurvedic protocols.